Position Title: Parent and Family Services Coordinator
Agency/Program Mission: The mission of The Brick House is to support individual, family and community well-being through collaboration on youth development, leadership development, economic development, and education. In order to foster positive community participation, The Brick House looks to youth and parents for input and leadership. We work to improve access to local resources for parents and families, and to help strengthen local services to best meet the needs of our changing community. We also offer an after school Teen Center for youth ages 11-24, and serve as a community resource center for local groups to host programming in the arts, recreation, wellness, and social justice.
- To assess and improve the accessibility and effectiveness of local resources for parents and families in Franklin County;
- To support participants by encouraging parent leadership, family involvement, peer support, healthy communication, and community building;
- To create and sustain strong partnerships with local stakeholders, including parents, service providers, coalition members, and Brick House supporters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Connect parents, families, and local service providers with existing resources.
- Compile and disseminate information about local resources, services, and events to families and providers.
- Participate in, and facilitate, relevant coalition meetings and workgroups.
- Collaborate with the Gill-Montague Regional School District and other local schools, service organizations, and parents to evaluate and make recommendations related on the accessibility and efficiency of local services.
- Gather and disseminate information about existing and emerging community needs (may include survey, data collection, interview, focus group facilitation, etc).
- Provide recommendations and support to local organizations seeking to make their services more accessible, relevant, or efficient.
- Develop and implement programming for parents that fosters opportunities for parents to develop leadership skills, to support one another, and to make positive change in their communities.
- Coordinate community events such as community meals, workshops, parent cafes, parent council, performance events, peer support meetings, etc.
- Support events for youth and families held by The Brick House.
- Conduct outreach for Brick House and partner programs.
- Provide supervision support and guidance for two on-site AmeriCorps Members who will assist w/Parent and Family Service Programming.
- Assist with upkeep of The Brick House shared office space, including basic cleaning and organizational tasks as needed.
- Participate in strategic planning and development activities, including fundraising, that support and sustain operation of the Brick House.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Spanish/English Bilingual
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and experience working with parents and resource providers
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience collaborating and/or working within schools, health centers, social services, basic needs programs
- Experience serving on a steering committee, coalition leadership, or board of directors
- Strong facilitation and/or training background
- Experience with needs assessment, data collection, and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate with and interact respectfully with staff members and community members.
- Commitment to working individually and with our organization to achieve social and racial justice, conversant with issues of social and systemic oppression
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of non-violent communication, conflict resolution, mediation, restorative practices
- Technology and computer literacy
- Reliable transportation, plus willingness and capacity to transport teens and adults to programs and services as needed.
Schedule and Compensation:
Monday-Friday: 30 hours, some flexible. Occasional evening or weekend hours for special events. Anticipated start date: mid-late October.
$18-$20/hr, depending on experience and qualifications.
Benefits: HRA healthcare reimbursement, sick and vacation accrual, paid holidays.
Please send resume and cover letter to: