The Brick House is committed to providing a safe, fun environment for youth ages 11-19 to make connections with supportive adults, build friendships, and access resources. We create opportunities for empowerment, recognition, and leadership as youth learn about social justice and express themselves creatively through the arts and music.
We are open for youth to hang out during our drop-in hours, or to join our more structured arts, healing, or social justice programs.
- Teen Center Drop-In: Stop by any time during these open-hours to use our instruments, recording studio, art studio, computers, foosball table, games, books, dance floor, speakers, movie projector, and more!
- Momentum Arts: Experiment with painting, drawing, patches, clothing alteration, stamp making, 3D art, screen printing, video, and more! Youth choose their own projects.
- Peer Support: A safe and non-judgmental hangout space for youth to talk about anything they may be struggling with, or just relax around other supportive people.
- YOLO Social Justice Media Collective: Movies, music, comics, manga and more! Exploring social justice themes in our favorite media: What’s awesome? What’s oppressive? And how do we create our own videos, gifs, memes, and stories?!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Brick House is also a partner in DIAL/SELF TeenLine’s Safe Place program. The program is part of a nationwide effort to keep young people safe. The Safe Place program connects youth to immediate help and safety and can offer supportive services to both young people and their families. This support can be accessed during drop-in, or during more structured programs.